Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baobab some day

I keep not getting around to posting a baobab update, and maybe if I had fewer demands on my time I would. I suppose I brought it on myself and I could just say no, but seriously, I'm overcommitted with things to do with/for people as it is, and if I phone someone to confirm a time that I'm to do something for them, and it takes 20 minutes to get off the phone, then that makes me cranky.

In any case. Zadok is now 8 1/2 by 8, and Ahimelek is 6 3/4 by 4 3/4. Or something. I forgot some of the numbers in the time between measuring them and walking back to my computer. Zadok would actually be close to 9 inches now, except the top leaf is curling and so losing a bit of height.

So, Ahimelek has hardly grown in about a month, and Zadok is slowly starting to grow again. I've resumed the watering regimen of 100 mL every four days, then I increased it to 150 mL every four days, and I'm thinking I might increase it again, as clearly it worked. Zadok is no longer turning brown, and is putting out new leaves.

Other than that, I haven't made any attempt to sprout more seeds lately. I've just been too busy and distracted by many things. And it's still 12 weeks until last frost.

No comments: