Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I've got good news!

First of all, I found a guy who can lend me a drill to drill drainage holes in my new planters. A friend of his tried to set us up, which isn't necessarily the best thing she ever did for him, but hey, a drill is a drill. I'm not fussy about the ethics of borrowing drills.

Second and more importantly, I repaired to the hardware store that has the cheap bags of dirt (as opposed to the cheap dirtbags - that guy quit his job at Igloo a long time ago) and asked if I needed to order ahead for 40 bags. And the... whatever her title is, said first of all, don't get these 17 L ones, because the 35 L ones are only a dollar more. Only they're stored offsite for now because they're just about to start rotating from... whatever, to gardening. So in just a few days, there will be skids and skids of even cheaper soil ready for pick up. So if I only fill to 2" of the top, and using 35 L bags for only $1 more each, would come to $84. I'm saving about 46%.

Now that's VERY good news to me.

No comments: