Saturday, October 22, 2011

Previously unpublished photos

Some of the morning glories I don't think I posted before:



These are from a mix called "Carnival" which is available from several retailers. The three colours flowered in 77, 78 and 83 days and were quite productive. I really like it.


This is "Flying Saucers", again, available from several retailers. I only got one flower out of it, partly because it took 109 days and so didn't flower until September 25, three days before the frost that ended flowering on all my Ipomoea. One interesting thing, whereas morning glory flowers normally live for only one day, this one stayed open for two or three; I didn't keep track, but it certainly lived more than one day.


And this is "Double Sunrise Serenade". It looks like a crappy photo, but that's pretty much what the flowers look like. It's a double morning glory with crinkled petals like this, and honestly, that doesn't look so good. Nonetheless I'm buying more for next year, because I collect morning glories.

So now you know.

No comments: