Friday, September 2, 2011

More reasons I'm single

Today I spent more time covering my fragile plants than doing my hair.

I stayed up until nine PM on a Friday night waiting for the sun to go down so I could cover my plants without depriving them of daylight.

I name my pumpkins.

There is a dead pumpkin hanging from my candelabra.

My lemon trees have the same birthday as Gandhi.

This causes me to wonder what famous person(s) share a birthday with my baobab.

I look it up and find amongst others: Ignaz Pleyel (the one with the pianos), Edouard Daladier, Grand Duchess Anastasia Nicolaievna Romanova, Thabo Mbeki, Lech and Jaroslaw Kaczynski, and Uday Hussein (Saddam's son).

I recognize most of the political figures on the list and only two entertainers. The youngest person I've even heard of was born in 1964.

I have a blog about my garden.

No comments: