Sunday, November 27, 2011

Now I'm angry

I have two bowls for the ravens, a red one and a yellow one. They know what they're looking for, and they can see whether there is food in the dish as they fly by. It's a bit of a code between us.

Today, the weather was really nasty, so I put food out early instead of waiting for Chicken to come by. Several ravens came. Given the blowing snow, there wasn't much else they could do if they wanted to eat today.

Each raven started picking up food and taking it away to a cache... until one smartass decided that the bowl itself is the source of food and it would be easier simply to take the bowl home.

You stupid bird!!!!!!

I thought ravens were supposed to be smart. Chicken knows that I fill the bowl, the bowl doesn't fill itself. This other idiot bird just totally took me for granted and stole my red bowl. I bet you anything it was a male raven. Men totally do this sort of thing.

Now I'm mad.

No comments: