Saturday, February 18, 2012

Baobab Friday

Seriously, Friday is not a good day to do baobab updates. But then Saturday and/or Sunday is when I get to borrow my little autistic buddies, and that's more important even than baobabs. Maybe we'll have to switch to Baobab Monday.

Without further ado:


Za 7. The height and spread haven't changed since last week. In fact looking at photos of last week, I don't think anything has changed at all. Since it was sunny most of the week, I left it in the winter garden instead of putting it under my bedside lamp. I thought real sunlight would be better, but maybe twelve hours of ersatz light is better than one hour of real sunlight.

At least Za 7 shows no sign of any known type of ill-health at 16 days post-op, so I'm not too worried.


Mad' 1 still couldn't shed its seed shell so I knocked it off. I did tear the leaf tips, but they were actually starting to tear themselves off as the leaves tried to grow with their tips pinched in the shell. It now has four adult leaves, and other than growing at an angle toward the light, it's looking good. It's current measurements are 2 1/2" spread, 6 3/4" height.

In other news, some friends came over for dinner on the 14th and got to be presented to the baobabs. They were verklempt. (The friends, not the baobabs.)

No comments: