Monday, June 27, 2011

Grow faster, you plants!

I'd like to see some flowers now. Everybody else has flowers. Of course everybody else has either an in-ground garden or nursery plants, but that doesn't change the fact that everyone has flowers but me.

According to my logs, most annuals flower on my balcony in approximately 70 days from seeding, but my geraniums are 67 days out and will not be flowering on Thursday. Most of the other annuals can be expected to bloom in late July to mid-August, by my calculations. The Wall of Insanity will be mid-August to mid-September. I have no idea for the perennials, as I've never grown one successfully, and the baobabs will probably flower in summer 2031.

Sigh...

I never buy nursery plants, but I can see why everyone else does.

On the other hand, the plants that will winter indoors this year should flower early next year at no cost to me, so in the long run, maybe I'll come out ahead.

No comments: