Friday, June 24, 2011

Other news


This is a Star of Yelta morning glory. It's also called Grandpa Ott and Feringa, or at least I see no difference between those three names. I love it.

What's new in the garden, though:

  • A sixth globe thistle sprouted. That's now 1/3 of the seeds, which is about the usual success rate of seeds so far in my garden, so I don't expect any more.

  • A pear seed sprouted, but I didn't take a picture cause you can't really see it. Great. Now I just need a second one, because I don't like having only one tree of a species, and then I can stop fighting with pear seeds. They're a pain.

  • I started thinning the poppies. On the edges I have to be careful not to disturb the other things that are growing among the poppies, but in the middle, you can just grab and pull. It's cathartic, in a way.

And that's all the news for today.

No comments: