Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The down side of the garden

Gardens attract bugs. Some bugs I love, such as wasps. Some I tolerate, like dragonflies. They scare the crap out of me, but they eat mosquitoes, and the enemies of my enemies are my friends. (That being said, I don't get too many mosquitoes, being on the 7th floor and nowhere near standing water.) And some totally creep me out.


See?

I don't like butterflies. They may be harmless, but they're totally creepy. This one spent the whole night on my balcony. I think it must have got caught in the thunderstorm, because its wings are torn and it wasn't moving much when I found it after the storm. By morning it was feeling better and flapping its wings in the sunshine, which is something butterflies do to warm up. And just when I was about to get a nice close-up of the top side of the wings, it took off. How ungrateful...

Oh well. At least it's gone. I don't like butterflies in my garden.

No comments: