Sunday, July 31, 2011

Guess what?


There is a bud on my English daisies.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!

None of the plants seem to have suffered from being divided and repotted, by the way. Everything I read about transplanting goes on about transplant shock, and I've yet to lose a single plant from repotting, transplanting, or otherwise interfering with them.


Also, a second variety of nemophila. This one is called variously Penny Black, Pennie Black, or Total Eclipse.


The first aster is almost open. They must be the slowest-opening buds in the world of flowers; at least on my balcony they certainly are.


Female flower buds are starting to mature on the pumpkins.

And also, there are flowers in planter #14.4, the shady end of the Wall of Insanity. And they're Stars of Yelta. Of course. And while I appreciate their speed, I wouldn't mind to see something else for a change. I really need the other varieties to get happening so I can collect seeds before winter.

No comments: