Wednesday, July 27, 2011

You insects better not be nefarious



These insects have been walking around my garden and I'm not sure what they are. Yet. I'll find out sooner or later. They can hover, but I don't think they're hover flies because they're too small and the stripes are in the wrong direction. And that's too bad, because hover flies eat aphids. They could be some kind of fruit flies, in which case I want them gone, or some kind of pomace flies, in which case I don't see what they're doing in my garden as there is nothing to attract them. Or they could be some kind of tachinid flies, but again, there is nothing for them in my garden.

I suspect they're fruit flies. But like I said, I'll find out for sure, and woe to them if they're up to no good in my garden. I'll get some wolf spiders to come and eat them.

No comments: