Saturday, July 23, 2011

Insanity Plant strikes where you least expect it


I have no idea how I managed to find this flower, because it's on the outside of the railing, about the height of the pot, and hidden in foliage, and there is no particular reason I should be looking there. In fact, it's rather inconvenient for taking pictures. But there you have it, the first flower of the Wall of Insanity, in only 45 days from seeding. A new record. And it's a Star of Yelta.

At first this did not disturb me in any way, since Star of Yelta is the fastest cultivar of the ones I've grown so far. And then it hit me: I did not plant any Star of Yelta in this planter.

This is the sunny end of the wall, planter #14.1, where I planted the more valuable things: Heavenly Blue, because it failed last year, Kniola's Black Knight because it looks really cool, Darth Plant, moonflower and maybe some cypress vine. Star of Yelta, being the easiest, fastest cultivar and one I have in abundance, is at the shady end of the wall in planter #14.4. So either this is Kniola's Black Knight and I totally got ripped off, or Star of Yelta has somehow managed to colonize this planter.

Well, be that as it may, I have a flower on the Wall of Insanity. BOOYA!

No comments: