Thursday, August 25, 2011

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!


I SLEW MY HEAD PUMPKIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!

.

.

.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!!!!!

I slew my head pumpkin.

The candidate on the north vine had died, it was in my way, and its leaves were tattered and brown from being in the way of traffic all the time. I decided to cut it off. But I made a mistake while trying to trace the vine to its origin, and cut off the east vine instead.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!!!

He was a prince among pumpkins. The Jack Layton of pumpkins: a true leader, dead before his time.

On the other hand, it appears on closer inspection that there were brown spots on the bottom, so maybe it was gonna rot and die anyway.

I still have one left, on the south vine, which was the healthiest vine anyway. This candidate is sitting on the lawn, where I had also recently relocated the late Great Pumpkin. Maybe the lawn is too humid for them. So, I put a chunk of rigid insulation under the Last Pumpkin. But even if that one makes it, it's eleven days behind the late Great Pumpkin, and that matters this late in the season. But maybe with only one vine instead of three, it will grow faster.

Well, it was only a pumpkin. I know a guy who ran over and killed his own daughter while drunk-driving. All I did was kill my pumpkin.

No comments: