Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Oh no you di'n't!

I went to the grocery store on Sunday, according to plan, to get some more apricots. They've gone way up in price and are in mediocre condition and rather watery, but that's to be expected. What I didn't anticipate is that the grocery store also had... lychees.

Oh dear.

Lychees are tasty, though I wasn't particularly interested in eating those as they had mold on them. But also, they have big seeds in them.

Seeds.

Mmmmm... Seeds.

So, I bought some lychees. Even though they had mold, they were incorrectly labelled, and the cashiers don't know what they're doing so they charged me for a different product.

Lychees are sub-tropical, so they don't need stratification. And the skin is hard and scaly, so the mold hadn't reached into the fruit.

Now I have four lychees seeds waiting to hatch... plus five apricot seeds in cold stratification and 35 holly seeds in warm stratification.

I really need to go to work. And stay out of the produce section.

No comments: