Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Preliminary Plan #1

First of many, I have no doubt.

The Jungle: Hollyhock, forget-me-not, poppies, Shastas, lavender. Weed out everything else. NO MORE DUMPING EVERYTHING INTO THE JUNGLE! Oh wait, I said that last year.

Planter #1: Continue oriental lily, unless I can find a better planter for it.

Planters #2 and #3: Currently no plans; either out of service or overflow.

Planter #4: (currently Peng Dehuai) Pansies, including Matrix series Jewel mix, Amethyst mix and Ocean Breeze mix. Also Black Prince.

Planter #5: (currently Liu Shao-ch'i) Globe thistles and flax.

Planter #6: (window box) Nemophilas.

Planter #7: (window box) ?? An empty planter? Ha! I doubt that. Just have to find something short and dense.

Planter #8: (currently pansies) Convolvulus

Planter #9: (currently geraniums) More geraniums... sigh.

Planter #10: (currently English daisies) Jacks-in-the-pulpit

Planters #11 and #12: Continuing Hope and Faith.

Planter #13: (currently Deng Xiaoping and his revolutionaries) Dodecatheon, aka rocket ships or shooting stars.

Planters #14.1 through #14.4: Wall of Insanity! Booya!

Planters #15 and #16: Currently baobabs. Will depend on how fast baobabs grow.

Planter #17: (currently pumpkins) Marigolds. I feel like trying marigolds for a change.

Planter #18: (currently CryoVat) Darth Plant.

Planter #19 (currently English daisies) English daisies.

Planter #20: (currently empty, tall 12", which I bought cheap and late in the year and don't currently have a use for) Pumpkins. Possibly a different kind of pumpkins. I'm that wild. This should give them more room for their roots.

Planters not yet bought: All three maydays, best two pears, not sure how many apricots (assuming any even sprout), baobabs if big enough, and whatever other trees I happen to plant for no good reason. One per planter.

Giant wheely planter not yet bought: Peonies, assuming I get any. Or maybe roses.

Not asked back: Phacelias, even though I was attached to them at first, I think I've outgrown them. Asters, I tried three times and I finally succeeded and it wasn't even worth it. Bellflowers, delphiniums, lupines, ornamental grass, and whatever else is in the Jungle, because I never even wanted them in the first place. Flanders poppies, because there should be plenty of volunteers to go around the town by now. Cypress vine and thunbergia unless they start impressing me right about now. And next year, no more stratifying random tree seeds all over the house.

Hahaha! Like I'm actually gonna do anything I just said.

You know, in real life, I'm very strict, organized, good at planning, good at executing, disciplined, all that good stuff. You'd never tell from my garden. People tell me I should smoke a big ole' joint or something like that to "loosen me up"... They just haven't seen my garden. That's my wild side... and nobody knows it but you faithful readers who didn't read all the way to the end of this boring post.

2 comments:

Ioana said...

ummm, I can't give you any pot - because I don't have any, and not because it's illegal :P - but to help you with your wild side I can give you some really big planters that I was planning to leave behind in my shed.

Mongoose said...

That's ok, I'm sure I can score pot easily from any of my neighbours. :)

I put the pansies in the biggest planter already. Hatching big plans for the others!