Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Third Iceland poppy


The photo sucks because it's in high ISO, the weather being cloudy, and it's a small crop of a larger photo, because I can't get close to these poppies and they move too much for the big zoom. The grey background is the street, because all my Iceland poppies (all three of them so far) are hanging perilously off the edge of the balcony. I suppose that's a bit of a loss to me in that they're going to reseed themselves onto the street and not into the Jungle, but oh well. Poppy seeds are a dime a... hundred, actually, so I can afford as many as I want.

I think for next year I'm not getting any more Flanders poppies, as they've dropped plenty of seeds already. Instead I'll get more of these Iceland poppies, and a new batch of Pizzicato and Falling in Love, neither of which look promising for this year. I'm not sure I want to try the oriental poppies again. I have so much stuff already, more isn't better anymore.

No comments: