Friday, August 5, 2011

Apricot Friday

There is nothing to photograph in the CryoVat yet. I destratified it nine days ago, so I decided to check on the seeds. First observation: the soil is VERY packed and still wet. It's a cheap kind of potting soil that one hardware store sells $3 for a 17 L bag (versus $7.59 for the good kind at the other store) and maybe it's not as good. Or maybe I should have let it dry a little before putting it in the fridge. In any case, I dug around, again for the dual purpose of aerating and looking for seeds. I found some pear seeds that are rooting, and then, much deeper, I found some of my apricots. They are very much still there and have some small activity going on. Maybe they're just slow because the soil is so hard. Or maybe this is normal. My lemons took a whole month to sprout, and now they're two feet tall, so as long as the seeds don't get eaten by the fungus, there is hope.

No comments: