Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Something in the CryoVat is sprouting

I destratified the CryoVat a week ago. Have I mentioned that I don't have the patience to stratify? In any case, I give my plants a lot of credit, but I don't think they know the difference between 23 days and 28 days of stratification.

So I put it out on the balcony and ignore it for a while, and yesterday, a sprout! Yay! A sprout! Woooooooooo!

Sadly, it's a pear. And I already had six pears, so that's no good. On the other hand, pears are "supposed" to be stratified 60 to 100 days, yet apparently they'll sprout at 23 just fine. A fortiori the apricots, which are "supposed" to be stratified 28 days, should have no trouble at all. They're probably just slower because they're bigger seeds.

One may hope, anyway.

No comments: