Tuesday, August 16, 2011

My troubles are over!

Obviously not, since I'm still alive. And still not at work, either. Money would solve quite a few troubles.

However, should I ever go to work and have money, I've found a planter that will solve most of my gardening problems. It's 39 1/4 by 39 1/4 by 16 inches. That's huge. It's 60% of the surface area of all my planters combined, and more volume than I have right now. And because it's just one planter, it wastes a lot less space than making up the same area out of a collection of small planters, and, perhaps even more importantly, it's gonna be way easier to winterize. (One of these days I'll write a post about the physics of winterizing planters, but I'm lazy.) AND it's self-watering!

The things I could do with such a planter... I could plant the 106 tulips and the 118 asters, and then some. I'd put my collection of nemophilas along the front, as they're heavy drinkers and the window boxes don't really suit them. Or maybe my collection of pansies. And I could put my collection of morning glories along the back, with a big trellis for them to climb, creating an even more gigantic Wall of Insanity. I could put peonies in there. Or pumpkins. Peonies and pumpkins. It would be the New Jungle, except it's five times the size of the old Jungle. It would rock like no container has ever rocked before.

The things I could do, if only the Prairies hadn't had a wet spring...

No comments: