Friday, August 12, 2011

The view from the street

To a great extent, my garden is meant to be viewed from the street, and indeed a few people have noticed it from the ground. So here is what it looks like to the viewer:


On the left you can see the last of the nemophilas. The Wall of Insanity isn't forming a single, united mass as I had hoped, but I'll see to that next year. You can see some of the Star of Yelta flowers on the right. Next are the asters, with some pumpkin flowers showing behind them, and if you look carefully, in that little white planter you can see A. digitata. Though probably not at the resolution you guys are viewing. The dark blue flowers to the right of the asters are California blubells, and the lighter blue flowers further up are forget-me-not. The red ones, obviously, are my poppies, and the two white spots, if you can see them, are a white Iceland poppy and a morning glory that has been climbing up the poppies from the Insanity Leader and blooming outside the railing in the free world.

I hope the ones on the right will still be a good show when the Wall of Insanity finally blooms.

No comments: